Thursday, September 17, 2009

100,000 Fireflies

I had the coolest dream I've had in a long time, last night. It's funny that I dreamed something so cheerful, after seeing a scary movie. The movie was an British film that happens to be as old as me. The name..The Woman in Black. I wanted my sister to see it, because it's really good, but alas, you can not get it through Netflix. Curse you, Netflix..curse you..you're supposed to have everything.

I digress. My dream, from what I can recall, is that I seem to be escaping from some...castle? I dunno..that just isn't important to me. I'm running into this magnificent forest. :) If you know me, you know there's nothing I love more than walking/running/skipping/dancing through the woods. Apparently I have a friend with me too. I don't recognize her though from real life. Well, we suddenly hit this thick fog. Ooooo foggy forest. I love it!...but what's this? There's something IN the fog. Tiny dots of light. The dots seem to be in small groups. By the title of the blog, I'm sure you've guessed what these are. I cup a group in my hands, and am astonished by them. "They're fireflies!", I remember exclaiming. The girl I'm with just seems to shrug them off, and says, "Oh yeah, they're everywhere." She does some hand motion meaning "no big deal". Now I must tell you, I haven't seen fireflies in over 6 years. First year at EFY has been the only time I've EVER seen them. So they're an amazement for me whether I'm dreaming them or not. Anyway...that's pretty much all I remember. I just kept grabbing handfuls, gently, and just gazing at them in amazement. While the girl just rolls her eyes at me. I remember I was a little sad to wake up. So beautiful. I don't seem them in Florida, with the cities having to spray pesticides everywhere for bloody mosquitoes.(No pun intended.)

It made me realize how much I'd like to see them again. No video or photo can capture beauty. It's when you see something closely, that you see how truly beautiful it is. No artist or photographer can ever match the artwork God has created. :)

Oh, and about the title of my post. I got it from the Magnetic Fields' song of the same name. :)

100,000 Fireflies - Magnetic Fields
Great band. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com // PS Brush by Pink On Head