Friday, August 7, 2009

If I hadn't gone to church last Sunday...

Last weekend was a very rough weekend for me. I was overwhelmed by many choices I had to make this week. Last Sunday was fast Sunday. The one before that, I had almost gotten up to bear my testimony..but chickened out. It's not that I don't have one...it's simply getting in front of people and sharing it. I dunno. Anyway..I digress..

Saturday night, I was feeling quite gloomy. It's actually gotten easier to handle these feelings since I've moved here...and actually I'm just realizing this as I type it. Pardon me for going off topic, but I really think it's the new experiences. It's toughened me up. also getting to go to 2 institute classes and FHE each week. So, it's really great for me. I really do need these trials in my life. They are helping me see so many things, and I can actually, honestly say that I am thankful for them. I really, truly am. If I didn't have trials or tribulations, I would be as weak as house built on sand. And you know(yes I know you shouldn't begin a sentence with "and", just ignore my grammar for a minute, these are my thoughts.) I wouldn't have even realized and felt this way, had I not put these feelings into words. It's truly amazing the power of words. Alas, back to the topic.

As I was saying, I was feeling quite depressed Saturday night, and woke up Sunday morning not really feeling any better. Also, I was actually planning on bearing my testimony this morning. Well, with feeling so down, I had no desire to do this. Satan was really pushing me down. Well, when we got to bearing of testimonies..as I heard the beautiful testimonies from everyone....the feeling returned...that warm feeling. I felt it all over my body, and couldn't stop smiling. I got up as soon as I could, and it was amazing. Even though I cried through the whole thing. I didn't mean to. I usually don't, but the Spirit was so strong, and my heart was being poured out over the entire congregation. That was the first time I'd born my testimony in a few years. It felt amazing. :D I'm giving a talk this Sunday, and I feel so great about it. I feel an uncontrollable happy peaceful feeling right now. I feel I can do anything right now.

If I had not gone to church last Sunday, for one reason or another...I would have never experienced that. Life really is beautiful, when you have the gospel in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com // PS Brush by Pink On Head