Thursday, December 17, 2009

Capturing Your Instant Moments

I was considering titling this blog, "Shake It Like a Polaroid Pictha!"...but this is a solemn entry.

I was browsing through Flickr, and stumbled upon some polaroids. These days, you can't tell real polaroids from photoshopped. It's fairly simple to do. I then recalled my beloved childhood memories of snapping away pictures with my brothers. We still have some stored away. I'm a very sentimental person. So I got to wondering, as I do when I reminiscence warmly of the past. I wondered if they still sold the camera. So using the advanced technology we have today, I googled it. To my astonishment, it was being sold by a couple of sellers..not by the company. As I was imagining the fun I'd have with it...to my dismay, I found out they had just recently discontinued the film, and that there was only so much left..at that moment..I saw my childhood was slowly being discontinued. Everything I treasured as a child is fading away. I'm not that old really, but I do get a sense now of how older people feel. I know technology has come a long way, and it's a great thing, but it brings a tear to my eye seeing something like that gone.


I think I hold onto memories treasures from my childhood so tightly, because my childhood was happy. It was when I was safe, my parents were still together, there was no chaos, my grandmother was still alive, I was closer to my brother...now I feel unsafe, I feel the world crumbling around me..I feel a lone, but not exactly alone. I know that Heavenly Father is always with me..and that's how I've managed to make it this far. I'm just sure I wouldn't still be here if I didn't have the gospel in my life.

I know the chapter of my childhood has ended, and that it's been a rocky few chapters thus far, but it makes me look all the more forward to the day when I can make new childhood memories, with my children. :) And that's what makes me the most happy. Knowing that one day, I can have this back. Life is precious. Take care of it, take care of yours, so that you'll be able and ready to take care of another life. I'm not planning on running out and getting hitched to the first male who walks past me, just to replenish the earth with...but I know I'll be ready when the day comes. I'll get an education, a degree, but what my real dream is, is to be a mother. :D

This blog has brought me a lot of comfort. I'm glad I have it, and that I make myself write/type in it. It gives me a chance to loosen up my thoughts, and sift through them. I don't know who the heck reads this, but God bless you. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com // PS Brush by Pink On Head